Apple Berry Cobbler
Summer berries team with apples for a great family dessert. This fruit cobbler is a lighter, fresher version of the fat-laden. Serve this dessert warm with whipped topping or ice cream.
(Make 6 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 128 Calories, 3 g. Protein, 29 g. Carbohydrates, 4 g. Dietary Fiber, trace Fat, trace Saturated Fat, 0 mg. Cholesterol, 115 mg. Sodium, 109 mg. Potassium, 28 mg. Calcium
Ingredients of the filling:
- 1 cup of fresh raspberries
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- 2 cups of apples, peeled, cored and cut into small wedges
- 2 Tbsp. of brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. of lemon zest
- 2 tsp. of lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. of cornstarch
Ingredients of the topping:
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup of soy milk
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 tsp. of vanilla
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. of brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of whole-wheat pastry flour
- Low-fat cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat 6 individual oven-proof ramekins with cooking spray.
- Add raspberries, blueberries, apples, sugar, cinnamon, lemon zest and lemon juice in medium-size bowl. Stir to mix evenly.
- Add cornstarch and stir until cornstarch dissolves. Set aside.
- In separate bowl add egg, milk, salt, vanilla, sugar and pastry flour. Stir to mix well.
- Divide berry mixture evenly among prepared dishes. Pour topping over each.
- Arrange ramekins on large baking pan and place in oven.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until berries are tender and topping is golden brown. Serve warm.
- Note : Serve with whipped topping or ice cream
Source : MayoClinic
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories - Apple - Bake - Blueberry - Cinnamon - Raspberry