This Apricot Strudel is so easy to prepare. It is called a coffee cake. So you do enjoy it with coffee as healthy breakfast. You can also wake your family up with the delicious smell of it!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
(Make 6 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 143 Calories, 20.6 g. Carbohydrates, 2 g. Dietary Fiber, 2.6 g. Fat, 0.2 g. Saturated Fat
- 1 can (about 29 oz.) of sliced apricot in natural syrup, drained
- 2 Tbsp. of brown sugar
- 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup of sultanas
- 1/4 cup of roasted hazelnuts, finely chopped
- 6 sheets fillo pastry
- 1 Tbsp. of no-fat milk
- 1 Tbsp. of icing sugar mixture
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease oven tray.
- In medium-size bowl, combine apricots, sugar, cinnamon, sultanas and nuts.
- Stack fillo sheets, lightly brushing each with milk as you layer. Spread apricot filling over fillo, leaving 2-inch at edge of one long side. Fold short sides over, starting from filled long-side edge, roll strudel to enclose filling. Place, seam-side down, on prepared tray.
- Brush strudel with remaining milk. Bake, uncovered, in oven until lightly browned (about 25 min). dust strudel with icing sugar before serving, warm of cold, with ice-cream, if desired.
- Tips : Canned peaches or apples could replace the apricots.
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories - Bake