Asian Chicken and Melon Salad
This is a colorful, refreshing and delicious salad. It comes together quickly and easily. Make this tasty Asian inspired chicken salad in under 30 minutes and impress your family and friends. It’s the perfect summertime dish.
Total time: 25 minutes
(Make 4 servings)
Amount Per Serving: 267 Calories, 21 g. Protein, 23 g. Carbohydrates, 5 g. Dietary Fiber, 11 g. fat (2 g. sat), 162 mg. Sodium
- 2 cups of sugar snap peas or snow pea pods (6 ounces), strings removed, halved crosswise
- 2 Tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons of dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
- 8 ounces cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, shredded
- 2 cups of honeydew melon balls
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin, short strips
- 1 package (5 ounces) baby spinach
- 1/4 cup of unsalted dry-roasted cashews (optional)
- Bring a small-sized saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Add sugar snaps and cook for about 4 minutes, until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain well.
- In a large-sized bowl, whisk together cilantro, lime juice, oil, ginger, 1 Tablespoon of water, and 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- Add chicken, melon, bell pepper, spinach, and sugar snaps. Toss to coat well.
- Divide among 4 plates and sprinkle with cashews, if using.
Source : Prevention
Recipe Under : 200 to 300 Calories - Bell pepper - Cilantro - Ginger - Honeydew Melon - Lemon - Snow Pea - Spinach