Autumn Squash Bisque with Ginger
Autumn Squash Bisque with Ginger is a great source of vitamin A, which keeps eyes and skin healthy.
(Make 1 Serving)
Amount Per Serving (About 2/3 cup): 80 Calories, 2 g. Protein, 18 g. Carbohydrates, 3 g. Dietary Fiber, 6 g. Sugar, 1.5 g. Fat (0 g. Sat Fat), 0 mg. Cholesterol, 340 mg. Sodium
- 2 tsp. of vegetable oil
- 2 cups of sliced onions
- 2 lb. of winter squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 2” cubes (4 generous cups)
- 2 pears, peeled, cored, and diced (or 1 (15 oz.) can of sliced pears, drained and chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 Tbsp. of coarsely chopped, peeled fresh ginger or 1 tsp. of powdered ginger
- 1/2 tsp. of thyme
- 4 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup of water
- 1 Tbsp. of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of plain nonfat yogurt
- In large-size pot over medium heat, heat oil, add onions and cook, stirring constantly until softened, 3-4 min.
- Add squash, pears, garlic, ginger and thyme; cook, stirring, 1 min.
- Add broth and water; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer about 35-45 min until squash is tender.
- Puree soup, in batches if necessary, in a food processor or blender. (If using a blender, follow manufacturer’s directions for pureeing hot liquids.)
- Return soup to pot and heat through. Stir in lemon juice.
- Garnish each serving with a spoonful of yogurt.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2-3 hours.
Source : healthyrecipes.oregonstate.edu
Recipe Under : 0 to 100 Calories - Simmer