Avocado-Buttermilk Soup with Crab Salad
This simple, no-cook soup is garnished with delicious orange-infused crabmeat. A vibrant, green-hued bowlful set before a hungry diner will not last long—take our word for it. Although it is intended to be rich and creamy, if the soup seems a little too thick, add 1 to 2 tablespoons more buttermilk.
Total Time: 18 Minutes
(Make 4 serves)
Amount per serving: 252 Calories, 16.9 g. Protein, 12.4 g. Carbohydrates, 5.7 g. Dietary Fiber, 16.3 g. Fat ( 2.6 g sat , 9.8 g mono ), 44 mg. Cholesterol, 540 mg. Sodium, 107 mg. Calcium.
- 3/4 cup of fat-free buttermilk
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh tomatillos
- 1/2 cup of fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 3/8 tsp. of salt
- 2 ripe peeled avocados, pitted
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 Tbsp. of minced red bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp. of chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp. of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. of grated orange rind
- 8 oz. of lump crabmeat, drained and shell pieces removed
- In blender or food processor, Place buttermilk, chopped tomatillos, broth, salt, avocados, serrano pepper and garlic, process until smooth.
- Combine bell pepper and remaining ingredients, toss gently to combine. Spoon about 3/4 cup of soup into each of 4 serving bowls, top each serving with about 1/3 cup of crabmeat mixture.
- Wine note: The fresh and healthful ingredients of Avocado-Buttermilk Soup with Crab Salad scream California–or, specifically, California chardonnay. The full body and supple texture of a well-balanced wine like Bogle Chardonnay, California 2008 ($11), permit it to partner with the creamy soup and sweet shellfish, while the wine’s tart apple flavors and lively finish cleanse the palate for the next delicious bite.
Source : CookingLight
Recipe Under : 200 to 300 Calories - No Cook