Baked Ziti and Summer Veggies
This quick and versatile recipe is made with summer vegetables like zucchini, yellow squash and tomatoes. This quick, light and fresh pasta can be easily adjusted based on your favorite veggies or what grows in your garden.
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving (1 1/2 cups): 301 Calories, 16.5 g. Protein, 32.8 g. Carbohydrates, 4.1 g. Dietary Fiber, 12.1 g. Fat (5.3 g. sat fat, 5 g. mono fat), 65 mg. Cholesterol, 1.9 mg. Iron, 640 mg. Sodium, 291 mg. Calcium
- 4 oz. of uncooked ziti
- 1 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 cups of chopped yellow squash
- 1 cup of chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 2 cups of chopped tomato
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup of shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided (4 oz.)
- 2 Tbsp. of chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp. of chopped fresh oregano
- 3/4 tsp. of salt, divided
- 1/8 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup of part-skim ricotta cheese (2 oz.)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat, drain well.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat oil in large-sized skillet over medium-high heat. Add squash, zucchini, and onion, sauté about 5 mins.
- Add tomato and garlic, sauté about 3 mins.
- Remove from heat, stir in pasta, 1/2 cup of mozzarella, herbs, 1/2 tsp. of salt, and pepper.
- Combine ricotta, remaining salt, and egg. Stir into pasta mixture.
- Spoon into an 8-inch square glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray, sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake about 15 mins, until bubbly and browned.
Source : CookingLight
Recipe Under : 300 to 400 Calories - Bake - Onion - Squash - Tomato - Zucchini