Bean Salad With Balsamic Vinaigrette
(Make 6 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 270 Calories, 10 g. Protein, 33 g. Carbohydrates, 7 g. Dietary Fiber, 11 g. Fat, 2 g. Saturated Fat, 0 mg. Cholesterol, 285 mg. Sodium, 453 mg. Potassium, 60 mg. Calcium
- 2 Tbsp. of balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 can (15 oz.) of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red onion, small diced
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup of chopped celery
- To make vinaigrette, whisk together balsamic vinegar, parsley, garlic and pepper in small-size bowl. While whisking, slowly add oil. Set aside.
- Combine chickpeas, black beans and onion in large-size bowl. Pour vinaigrette over mixture and toss gently to mix well and coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate until served.
- To serve, put 1 lettuce leaf on each plate. Divide salad among individual plates and garnish with chopped celery. Serve immediately.
Source : MayoClinic
Recipe Under : 200 to 300 Calories - No Cook