Beef and Bean Tacos
This healthy snack is a simple tomato-lettuce-beans-beef stacker, layered in crispy taco shells. The kidney beans mixture and lean beef mince filling, which is seasoned with chili powder, cumin and tomato paste, will have you hooked. Combining kidney beans and taco shells, this Beef and Bean Tacos make a perfect healthy snack.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 156 Calories, 18.4 g. Carbohydrates, 6.8 g. Dietary Fiber, 4.6 g. Fat, 1 g. Saturated Fat
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 oz. of lean beef mince
- 1/2 tsp. of chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. of ground cumin
- 1 can (10 oz.) of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp. of tomato paste
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 medium tomato, coarsely chopped
- 4 taco shells
- 1/4 small iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
Ingredients of salsa cruda:
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber (2 oz.), seeded, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion (1.5 oz.), finely chopped
- 1 small tomato (4.5 oz.), seeded, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. of mild chili sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat large lightly oiled non-stick frying pan, cook the garlic and beef, stirring, until beef is browned all over. Add the chili, cumin, beans, paste, the water and tomato, cook, covered, over low heat until mixture thickens slightly (about 15 minutes).
- Meanwhile, toast the taco shells, upside-down and uncovered, on oven tray in oven for 5 minutes.
- To serve, fill the taco shells with beef mixture, lettuce and salsa cruda.
- To make salsa cruda, combine ingredients in small-size bowl.
Source : Women’s Weekly
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories - Bake