Beef And Cucumber Salad
This is a healthy spin on convenience food and quick to prepare. Serve as light lunch or dinner. For a vegan version, replace the beef with shredded carrots, green papaya, jicama, peanuts or tofu instead.
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 268 Calories, 7 g. Carbohydrates, 19 g. Fat, 20 g. Protein
- 1/2 lb. of roast beef (or slivered turkey breast)
- 2 cups of cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of parsley, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. of capers
- 1/2 tomato, thinly sliced
- Lettuce for garnish
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1 tsp. of sugar
- 1/2 tsp. of ginger powder
- 2 tsp. of Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- To make dressing, in medium-sized bowl, add all dressing ingredients except for oil. Gradually whisk in oil. Make about 1/3 cup.
- In another bowl, combine all salad ingredients. Cover and refrigerate about 1 to 3 hours.
- Put lettuce leaf on each plate and top with a serving of salad.
Recipe Under : 200 to 300 Calories - No Cook