Berries with Balsamic Vinegar
This is a unique, gourmet way to serve this fantastic summer fruit. The balsamic vinegar brings out the berries’ beautiful color and truly enhances their flavor. Garnish the bowl of berries with a sheet of fresh mint. Serve with a simple pound cake, over vanilla ice cream, or simply by themselves.
(Make 2 serves)
Amount Per Serving (3/4 cup): 256 Calories, 3 g. Protein, 46 g. Carbohydrates, 4 g. Dietary Fiber, 6 g. Fat, 1 g. Saturated Fat, 378 mg. Sodium, 261 mg. Potassium, 44 mg. Calcium
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. of firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 1/2 cup of raspberries
- 2 shortbread biscuits
- Fresh mint leaf (For Garnish)
- Whisk balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and vanilla in small-size bowl.
- In another bowl, add berries. Pour balsamic vinegar mixture over berries. Let the fruit marinate about 10-15 minutes.
- Drain marinade. Refrigerate or serve immediately.
- To serve, divide berries into 2 serving dishes. Place shortbread biscuit on the side of the bowl. Garnish the bowl of berries with a fresh mint leaf
Source : MayoClinic
Recipe Under : 200 to 300 Calories - No Cook