Berry Pudding Cake
Take advantage of the fresh berry and hot temperatures of summer and make this tender cake top bakes while the berries bubble in their own juicy sweetness underneath. You can be prepared in less than 45 minutes and at 140 calories per serving. Serve with low-fat whipped cream or a scoop of low-fat vanilla ice cream, if desired.
(Make 6 servings)
Amount Per Serving: 140 Calories, 5 g. Protein, 26 g. Carbohydrates, 3 g. Dietary Fiber, 2 g. Fat (1 g. sat), 71 mg. Cholesterol, 86 mg. Sodium
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- Dash salt
- 1 cup of fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
- 3 cups of assorted fresh berries (such as raspberries, blueberries, and/or sliced strawberries)
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Lightly coat six 6-ounce individual quiche dishes with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan, set aside.
- Combine eggs, granulated sugar, vanilla, and salt in medium-sized bowl, whisk until light and frothy.
- Whisk in milk until combined.
- Add flour and baking powder, whisk until smooth.
- Divide berries among prepared quiche dishes. Pour batter over berries. (Batter will not cover berries completely.)
- Bake for about 20 mins, or until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm. If desired, sift powdered sugar over each serving.
Source : Better Homes and Gardens
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories - Blueberry - Milk - Raspberry - Strawberry