Black Bean and Corn Relish
This relish can be the perfect afternoon snack with baked tortilla chips, a delicious topping for light salads, grilled chicken or fish, or garnish with a Southwestern meal.
(Make 8 serves)
Amount Per Serving (2/3 cup): 100 Calories, 5 g. Protein, 20 g. Carbohydrates, 4 g. Dietary Fiber, 0 g. Fat, 0 g. Saturated Fat, 0 mg. Cholesterol, 11 mg. Sodium, 429 mg. Potassium, 26 mg. Calcium
- 1 can (16 oz.) of black beans, rinsed and drained (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup of frozen corn kernels, thawed to room temperature
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and small diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 red onion, small diced
- 1/2 cup of chopped parsley (or chili powder for spicier version)
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and small diced
- Sweetener, equivalent to 2 Tbsp. of sugar
- Juice of one lemon
- Combine all of the ingredients in large-size bowl. Toss gently to mix. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
Source : MayoClinic
Recipe Under : 0 to 100 Calories - No Cook