Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
(Make 2 serves)
Healthy Recipes Amount Per Serving: 135 Calories, 24.7 g. Protein, 0.9 g. Carbohydrates, 0.4 g. Dietary Fiber, 3 g. Fat, 67 mg. Cholesterol, 205 mg. Sodium
- 1/2 tsp. of paprika
- 1/8 tsp. of salt
- 1/4 tsp. of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. of ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. of dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp. of ground white pepper
- 1/8 tsp. of onion powder
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease baking sheet. Heat large cast-iron skillet over very high heat until it is smoking hot and just short of the point at which you see white ash (about 5-8 minutes).
- Mix together the all of the herbs/spices. Spray each piece of chicken with cooking spray on both sides, then coat chicken evenly with spice mixture.
- Place chicken in hot pan, and cook about 1 minute. Turn after 1 minute and cook the other side. Place breasts on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven about 5 minutes or until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear.
- Note : Blackening should be done either outdoors or in a commercial kitchen. The process creates an incredible amount of smoke that will set off your own and your neighbors’ smoke alarms.
Source : Allrecipes
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories - Bake