Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Here’s a big bowl of creamy homemade ice cream. Perfect for a hot summer day. It’s made with 2 percents milk and half-and-half instead of whole milk and cream that can help you cut down on the fat. Also blueberry is a great source of antioxidants, so this ice cream is actually healthy. You can use summer’s blueberries, if it’s that time of year, or use frozen if they aren’t in season.
(Make 12 servings)
Amount Per Serving (about 2/3 cup): 268 Calories, 5.4 g. Protein, 45.8 g. Carbohydrates, 0.9 g. Dietary Fiber, 7.8 g. fat ( 4.4 g. sat , 2.3 g. mono 0.5 g. poly), 90 mg. Cholesterol, 0.3 mg. Iron, 100 mg. Sodium, 49 mg. Calcium
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup of 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened (about 6 oz.)
- 4 large egg yolks
- 3 cups of 2 percents reduced-fat milk
- 1 cup of half-and-half
- 3 cups of fresh blueberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- In large-sized bowl, combine granulated sugar, cream cheese and egg yolks, beat with a mixer at high speed until smooth.
- In medium-sized heavy saucepan, combine milk and half-and-half, bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Gradually add half of hot milk mixture to cheese mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Return milk mixture to pan.
- Cook over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes, until a thermometer registers 160 degrees F, stirring constantly.
- Place pan in an ice-filled bowl. Cool completely, stirring occasionally.
- In small-sized pan, combine blueberries, powdered sugar, and 1/4 cup of water, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for about 10 minutes, until mixture thickens slightly, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, and cool completely.
- Stir blueberry mixture into milk mixture. Pour mixture into freezer can of ice-cream freezer, freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Spoon ice cream into freezer-safe container, cover and freeze for about 1 hour, until firm.
- Note: This recipe yields two quarts of ice cream, so if you make the entire recipe, use traditional bucket-style freezer. Halve the recipe if you use a countertop model, they typically have a smaller capacity.
Source : Myrecipes
Recipe Under : 200 to 300 Calories - Blueberry