Braised Balsamic Chicken
When you hear the term “braised” most people think it is a difficult recipe, but “braised” really isn’t, in fact it is what give the flavoring. This recipe is perfect with either rice or pasta. Serve with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese and a nice side of green beans.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
(Make 6 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 206 Calories, 28.2 g. Protein, 7.5 g. Carbohydrates, 1.1 g. Dietary Fiber, 6.1 g. Fat, 68 mg. Cholesterol, 538 mg. Sodium
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. of garlic salt
- 2 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1 can (14.5 oz) of diced tomatoes (or 2 roma tomatoes)
- 1 tsp. of dried basil
- 1 tsp. of dried oregano
- 1 tsp. of dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. of dried thyme
- Season chicken with pepper and salt. In medium-size skillet, heat oil and brown onion and seasoned chicken.
- Pour tomatoes and balsamic vinegar over chicken, and season with basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme. Simmer for fifteen minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear.
Source : Allrecipes
Recipe Under : 200 to 300 Calories - Simmer