Brazilian Black Beans and Sausage
This recipe is a good source of fiber, which may help protect against some diseases.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
(Make 8 serving)
Healthy Recipes Amount Per Serving (About 1 cup): 190 Calories, 8 g. Protein, 28 g. Carbohydrates, 3 g. Dietary Fiber, 2 g. Sugar, 4 g. Fat (1 g. Sat Fat), 20 mg. Cholesterol, 420 mg. Sodium
- 2 tsp. of vegetable oil
- 8 oz. of low-fat polish kielbasa sausage, cut into small pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced, or 1/8 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp. of ground cumin
- 1 cup of uncooked rice
- 1 can (15 oz.) of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups water
- Heat oil in large-size skillet over medium-high heat, sauté sausage and onion until onion is clear. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to boil over high heat, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 min. Serve immediately or refrigerate leftovers within 2-3 hours.
- Add mushrooms or green bell peppers for variety.
- If you like spicy food, add some cayenne pepper or chili powder.
- Use brown rice to add fiber, increase the simmering time to 40 min.
Source : healthyrecipes.oregonstate.edu
Black Bean Veggie Burgers is easy to make as well as tasty. It’s both vegetarian and vegan. It’ll make you forget all about frozen, packaged veggie burgers. ...
Creole Style Black Eyed Peas
Black eyed peas are a good source of folate, Dietary fiber, vitamins and minerals. One serving of this dish provides 70% of the daily recommended amounts. ...
Black Eyed Pea and Sweet Corn Salsa
A deliciously healthy snack full of antioxidants and high in complex carbohydrate and protein. ...