Bread Pudding in the Microwave
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
(Make 6 serving)
Healthy Recipes Amount Per Serving (About 1/2 cup): 210 Calories, 7 g. Protein, 35 g. Carbohydrates, 2 g. Dietary Fiber, 29 g. Sugar, 5 g. Fat (1.5 g. Sat Fat), 95 mg. Cholesterol, 240 mg. Sodium
- 1⁄2 cup of packed brown sugar
- 3 slices buttered, cubed whole grain bread
- 1⁄2 cup of raisins
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cup of low-fat milk
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. of salt
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- In one-quart microwave safe dish, combine brown sugar, cubed bread, and raisins in a one-quart microwave safe dish.
- In microwave safe bowl or measuring cup, blend together eggs, milk, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla.
- Heat on high for 2-3 min until hot, but not boiling.
- Pour over bread mixtures and lightly blend together. Microwave uncovered at 50% power until edges are firm and the center is almost set (about 5-8 min).
- Let rest for 10 min before serving. Refrigerate leftovers within 2-3 hours.
Source : healthyrecipes.oregonstate.edu
Recipe Under : 200 to 300 Calories - Bake