Breakfast with The Lot
Tailor made for diabetic and obese group, breakfast with the lot makes an energizing and wholesome meal in the morning. Serve this multigrain bread topped with light ham, baby spinach leaves, poached egg and egg tomatoes, then your healthy-eating plan is on the go!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
(Make 4 Serves)
Amount Per Serving: 160 Calories, 12.5 g. Carbohydrates, 2.1 g. Dietary Fiber, 7 g. Fat, 2 g. Saturated Fat
- 2 large egg tomatoes, quartered
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices multigrain bread, toasted
- 1/4 cup (2 oz.) of light ham
- 3 Tbsp. (1.5 oz.) of baby spinach leaves
- Preheat the oven to hot. Line the oven tray with the baking paper. Place the tomato, cut-side up, on prepared tray, roast, uncovered, in hot the oven until softened and browned lightly (about 25 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in a large-size shallow non-stick frying pan, place enough the water to come halfway up the side, bring to a boil.
- Break the egg, one at a time, into a small-size bowl, sliding each into the pan, allow the water to return to a boil. Cover the pan, turn off heat, stand until a light film of the egg white has set over each yolk (about 4 minutes).
- Toast bread slices until lightly browned both side.
- Using an egg slide, remove the eggs, one at a time, from the pan, place the egg, still on slide, on absorbent-paper-lined saucer to blot up any poaching liquid.
- Serve toast topped with ham, spinach, egg then tomato.
Egg tomatoes, also known as roma or plum tomatoes, are small and oval in shape, they are often used in Italian dishes.
Source : Women’s Weekly
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories