Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
(Make 1 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 92 Calories, 3 g. Protein, 13 g. Carbohydrates, 3 g. Dietary Fiber, 4 g. Fat ( 2 g sat ), 10 mg. Cholesterol, 508 mg. Sodium
- 2 cups of fresh broccoli (1 lb.), trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup of russet potatoes (8 oz.), peeled and diced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 quarts of water
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 1/4 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. of butter
- 1/4 cup of fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- In a large-size pot, cook the broccoli, potatoes, and scallions in 1/2 quarts of simmering water about 15 minutes or until vegetables are very tender. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of cooking liquid.
- Combine vegetables with reserved cooking liquid in the bowl of a food processor or blender and process about 45 seconds until mixture is almost smooth. (It may be necessary to use a rubber spatula to scrape the ingredients down the side of the bowl during the pureeing). Whirl in salt, pepper, butter, and lemon juice. Serve at once.
- Tip : Even though russet, or Idaho, potatoes are used mostly for baking and frying, they also make excellent mashed potatoes. Because they are drier and higher in starch than other varieties of potato, they can be whipped in a food processor without turning gummy.
- Note: If you make a larger amount of the puree, you can use leftovers the next day for lunch.
Source : Reader’s Digest
Recipe Under : 0 to 100 Calories