Bucatini with Mushrooms
If you’ve never tried Bucatini pasta before, run out and buy some right now. It’s such a fun noodle to eat. It is a thick spaghetti with a tiny hole running through the center of the pasta. The hole in this pasta must allow for more sauce and luscious texture to get into the pasta itself. You can substitute long fusilli or fettuccine if you can’t find bucatini. A large assortment of mushrooms flavor and the pecorino-romano cheese to top it off is a perfect combination on this meal. Use leftover truffle oil to drizzle over pizzas, polenta, or salad greens.
Total Time: 40 Minutes
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 393 Calories, 15.8 g. Protein, 49.3 g. Carbohydrates, 3.4 g. Dietary Fiber, 14.2 g. Fat (6.1 g. sat fat, 4.3 g. mono fat, 0.9 g. poly fat), 38 mg. Cholesterol, 3.1 mg. Iron, 585 mg. Sodium, 201 mg. Calcium
- 1/2 cup of dried porcini mushrooms (about 1/2 oz.)
- 2/3 cup of boiling water
- 8 oz. of uncooked bucatini
- 3 1/4 tsp. of salt, divided
- 1 Tbsp. of canola oil
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped shallots
- 2 (4 oz.) packages of exotic mushroom blend, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. of dry sherry
- 2 oz. of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. of finely chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 tsp. of cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp. of truffle oil
- Sage sprigs (optional)
- Rinse porcini thoroughly. Combine porcini and 2/3 cup of boiling water in a bowl, cover and let stand about 30 mins. Drain in a sieve over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup of soaking liquid. Chop porcini.
- Cook pasta with 1 Tbsp. of salt in boiling water about 10 mins or until al dente, drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup of cooking liquid.
- Heat oil in large-sized skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté shallots, mushroom blend and garlic about 5 mins, stirring frequently.
- Stir in porcini, sherry, and 1/4 tsp. of salt, cook about 1 min or until liquid evaporates.
- Finely grate 1 oz. of cheese, crumble remaining cheese. Reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in pasta, 1/4 cup of reserved cooking liquid, 1/4 cup of reserved porcini soaking liquid, 1/4 cup of grated cheese, cream, chopped sage, and pepper, toss well to combine.
- Drizzle pasta mixture with oil, toss.
- To serve, place about 1 1/4 cups of pasta mixture on each of 4 plates, top each serving with about 1 Tbsp. of crumbled cheese. Garnish with sage sprigs, if desired.
Source : EatingWell
Recipe Under : 300 to 400 Calories - Mushroom - Sage - Shallot