Buckwheat Pancakes with Lemon Cream
This easy healthy breakfast recipe encompasses selected healthful ingredients that can improve your health and well being. Not overly sweet but bursting with nutty toasty flavor, this creamy and hearty buckwheat pancakes with lemon cream topping is a snap to make.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
(Make 4 Serves)
Amount Per Serving: 200 Calories, 28.5 g. Carbohydrates, 3.2 g. Dietary Fiber, 6 g. Fat, 3.3 g. Saturated Fat
- 1/2 cup of buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup of whole-meal self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup of non-fat milk
- 1 Tbsp. of lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. of maple syrup
- 1 ½ Tbsp. of low-fat dairy-free spread, melted
- 2 tsp. of coarsely grated lemon rind
Ingredients of Lemon Cream:
- 1/3 cup of light sour cream
- 1 tsp. of finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tsp. of caster sugar
- In a medium-size bowl, sift the flours, baking powder and cinnamon, gradually whisk in combined the egg white, milk, juice and syrup. Stir spread into the batter.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter into heated lightly greased small frying pan, cook until the bubbles appear on the surface (about 2 minutes).
- Turn the pancake, cook until browned lightly on the other side. Remove from pan, cover to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve with the lemon cream, top with the rind.
- To make the lemon cream, in a small-size bowl place ingredients and stir until combined.
Source : Women’s Weekly
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories