Cantaloupe and Watercress Salad with Pickled Onions
Both cantaloupe and plums are sweet, juicy and low-calorie treats that are just as tempting as any sugary snack but with a kiss of fiber thrown in for good measure. They also help increase serotonin levels that improves mood, enhances sleep and transmits nerve impulses to nerve cells. Take your taste buds on an adventure with this sophisticated salad.
Total time: 20 minutes
(Make 6 servings)
Amount Per Serving: 110 Calories, 2 g. Protein, 18 g. Carbohydrates, 2 g. Dietary Fiber, 4 g. fat (1 g. sat), 75 mg. Sodium
- 1/3 cup of coarsely chopped red onion
- 2 Tablespoons of honey
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of grated lime zest
- 3 cups of cantaloupe chunks (3/4-inch)
- 2 plums, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of watercress, large stems trimmed
- 2 Tablespoons of crumbled goat cheese or feta
- 2 Tablespoons of sliced almonds or pumpkin seeds
- In a salad bowl, mix onion, honey, lime juice, oil, lime zest, 1/4 teaspoon of pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon of salt with a fork to combine.
- Add cantaloupe, plums, watercress, cheese, and almonds and toss to mix. Serve immediately.
Source : Prevention
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories - Almond - Cantaloupe - Lemon - No Cook - Onion - Plum - Watercress