Carrot, Jicama and Orange Salad
This Carrot, Jicama and Orange Salad is crisp, refreshing and allows for an experience with the delightfuly sweet and rooty flavored vegetable jicama. It is a great source of Vitamin C, which keeps gums and blood vessels healthy.
Prep time: 20 minutes
(Make 8 serving)
Amount Per Serving (about 1/2 cup): 60 Calories, 1 g. Protein, 11 g. Carbohydrates, 3 g. Dietary Fiber, 6 g. Sugar, 1.5 g. Fat (0 g. Sat Fat), 0 mg. Cholesterol, 10 mg. Sodium
- 1 small jicama, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2 tsp. of lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. of honey
- 2 Tbsp. of orange juice
- 2 tsp. of vegetable oil
- 2 small oranges, peeled and cut into small pieces
- salt to taste
- Mix jicama, carrots, and oranges in serving bowl.
- Combine oil, orange juice, honey, lime juice, and salt to taste in small-size bowl. Mix well.
- Pour over salad and stir lightly. Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 to 3 hours.
- Honey is not safe for children less than a year old. It can contain the Clostridium botulinum organism that could cause serious illness or death.
Recipe Under : 0 to 100 Calories - No Cook