Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
(Make 5 serving)
Amount Per Serving (about 3 3-inch pancakes): 150 Calories, 6 g. Protein, 20 g. Carbohydrates, 1 g. Dietary Fiber, 6 g. Sugar, 5 g. Fat (1 g. Sat Fat), 40 mg. Cholesterol, 500 mg. Sodium
- 1⁄2 cup of oatmeal (quick or old-fashioned)
- 3⁄4 cups of buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup of carrots, peeled and grated with fine grater
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. of vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup of milk
- 1⁄2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. of sugar
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. of baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. of salt
- In medium-size bowl, mix oatmeal and buttermilk and set aside to soak.
- Add egg, oil, and milk to oatmeal mixture, beat well. Stir in grated carrot.
- Measure dry ingredients and stir into wet ingredients until batter is fairly smooth. If it seems too thick add a small amount of milk.
- Spray griddle with non-stick cooking spray. Heat griddle. (To see if griddle is hot enough, sprinkle with a few drops of water. If drops skitter around, heat is just right.)
- For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto hot griddle. Cook until pancakes are puffed and dry around edges. Turn and cook other side until golden brown.
- Serve with applesauce, fresh fruit or low-fat yogurt.
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories