Chicken and Dumpling Casserole
This Chicken and Dumpling Casserole is a really quick to make and easy casserole recipe that is delicious. It is full of flavor and requires only a few basic ingredients.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
(Make 8 serving)
Amount Per Serving (about 1 cup): 220 Calories, 16 g. Protein, 22 g. Carbohydrates, 2 g. Dietary Fiber, 3 g. Sugar, 8 g. Fat (1 g. Sat Fat), 55 mg. Cholesterol, 370 mg. Sodium
- 3 Tbsp. of oil
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- 3 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp. of flour
- 2 cups of cooked chicken, bite sized
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- Salt and pepper (try 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 Tbsp. of baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. of salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup of milk
- In large-size skillet, heat oil and add onions, carrots and celery, saute until soft. Add a small amount of unheated broth to flour and stir until smooth. Slowly stir in remaining broth and add to skillet. Stir over medium heat as the mixture thickens. Add chicken, peas, salt and pepper. Heat on low while making dumplings.
- To make Dumplings, sift flour, baking powder and salt together into mixing bowl. Add egg to milk and beat until well blended. Stir into flour until well combined.
- Pour chicken mixture into a lightly oiled or sprayed casserole dish. Drop dumpling dough by spoonfuls onto chicken mixture. (makes about 8 dumplings)
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees F until dumplings are golden brown (about 15 min).
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2-3 hours.
Recipe Under : 200 to 300 Calories - Bake