Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
(Make 8 serving)
Amount Per Serving (about 1 cup): 160 Calories, 16 g. Protein, 9 g. Carbohydrates, 1 g. Dietary Fiber, 3 g. Sugar, 6 g. Fat (1.5 g. Sat Fat), 35 mg. Cholesterol, 450 mg. Sodium
- 4 chicken breast halves, remove bones and skin, cut into strips
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (16 oz.)
- 1 Tbsp. of Mexican chocolate
- 2 Tbsp. of creamy peanut butter
- 1 package of chili seasoning mix (1.25 oz.)
- Place chicken in pan with broth. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer about 5 to 7 min.
- In large-size frying pan over medium heat, heat oil and saute onion until tender.
- Add tomatoes, chocolate, peanut butter and chili seasoning mix to pan. Stir well.
- Stirring constantly, add broth and chicken. Let simmer about 10 to 15 min.
- Serve with beans, rice, tortillas and vegetables.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 to 3 hours.
Don’t have Mexican chocolate?
- Use semi-sweet chocolate chips and add 3/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories - Simmer