Chicken Salad Sandwich Mix
This Chicken Salad Sandwich Mix contains whole grains. Eating plenty of whole grains may help protect you against many chronic diseases.
(Make 4 sandwiches)
Amount Per Serving (About 1/2 sandwich): 180 Calories, 11 g. Protein, 21 g. Carbohydrates, 5 g. Dietary Fiber, 6 g. Sugar, 6 g. Fat (1 g. Sat Fat), 50 mg. Cholesterol, 420 mg. Sodium
- 1 cup of TVP cubes
- 1 cup of hot chicken broth or 1 cup of boiling water and 1 cube of chicken bouillon added to it
- 3 Tbsp. of finely chopped dill pickles
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped celery
- 2 hard cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/3 cup of light mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices of whole wheat bread
- 8 slices of tomato
- 8 lettuce leaves, washed and drained
- In small-size bowl, mix TVP and chicken stock, let stand for 5 min.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- Add pickles, onions, celery, eggs, mayonnaise and seasoning.
- Divide mixture between 4 sandwiches. Serve with lettuce leaves and tomato slices.
- Refrigerated leftovers within 2-3 hours.
Source : healthyrecipes.oregonstate.edu
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories - Celery - Lettuce - No Cook - Onion - Tomato