Chicken Tikka Skewers
In Indian cooking, the word Tikka means bits, pieces or chunks of meat cooked on skewer. This breezy meal is an easy to cook dish in which chicken chunks are marinated in yogurt and curry paste, and then grilled on skewers. You can still get a really great taste of curry without the exorbitant fat and calories. Serve these tender chicken skewers with steamed brown rice or mixed green salad.
Total time: 40 minutes
(Make 4 servings)
Amount Per Serving: 214 Calories, 37 g. Protein, 8 g. Carbohydrates, 1 g. Dietary Fiber, 4 g. fat (1 g. sat), 7 g. Sugar, 0.61 g. Salt
- 5.25 ounces (150 grams) pot of low-fat natural yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons of hot curry paste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts , cubed
- 9 ounces (250 grams) pack of cherry tomatoes
- 4 wholemeal chapatis , warmed, to serve
For the salad
- 1/2 cucumber , halved lengthways, deseeded and sliced
- 1 red onion , thinly sliced
- Handful chopped coriander leaves
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1.75 ounces (50 grams) pack of lamb’s lettuces or pea shoots
- Place 8 wooden skewers in a medium-sized bowl of water to soak.
- In a large-sized bowl, mix yogurt and curry paste, then add chicken (if you have time, marinate for an hour).
- In a large-sized another bowl, toss cucumber, red onion, coriander and lemon juice. Chill until ready to serve.
- Shake off any excess marinade, then thread the chicken pieces and cherry tomatoes onto the pre-soaked skewers.
- Cook under a medium grill for about 15 to 20 minutes, turning from time to time, until cooked through and nicely browned.
- Stir lettuce or pea shoots into the salad, then divide between 4 plates. Top each serving with 2 chicken tikka skewers and serve with warm chapatis.
Source : BBCGoodFood
Recipe Under : 200 to 300 Calories - Cucumber - Lemon - Lettuce - Onion - Tomato - Yogurt