Chicken Tikka Wrap
This is a healthy twist to a traditional South Asia, Indian-inspired tikka masala dish. Chicken breast fillets are marinated in tikka masala curry paste and low-fat yogurt, grilled, tossed with yogurt mixture over pita before rolled to enclose the filling.
Prep time: 20 minutes (plus refrigeration time)
Cook time: 15 minutes
(Make 4 serves)
Healthy Recipes Amount Per Serving: 298 Calories, 25 g. Carbohydrates, 3 g. Dietary Fiber, 6.3 g. Fat, 1.7 g. Saturated Fat
- 2 single chicken breast fillets (12 oz.), Cut each in half horizontally
- 1 Tbsp. of tikka masala curry paste
- 2 1/2 cups of low-fat yogurt
- 2 lebanese cucumbers, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup of chopped fresh mint
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 4 large pita
- 3.75 oz. of mesclun
- In a large-size bowl, combine the paste and 2 Tbsp. of yogurt. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Cook the chicken, in batches, on heated lightly oiled grilled plate (or grill or barbecue) until browned and cooked through. Let stand about 5 minutes, slice thinly.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-size bowl, combine the cucumber, mint, onion and the remaining yogurt.
- To serve, spread the yogurt mixture over the pita and top with equal amounts of mesclun then chicken. Roll to enclose filling.
Source : Women’s Weekly
Recipe Under : 200 to 300 Calories - Grilling