Chicken with Yellow Lentils Soup
Warm yourself up with a nice healthy Chicken with Yellow Lentils Soup. If you like smooth soup, you can pure the soup in a blender or food processor. Serve over brown rice or alone with some parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 400 Calories, 29 g. Carbohydrates, 15 g. Fat, 36 g. Protein
- 2 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 whole chicken, cut up (marinate overnight in lemon juice if you have time)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup of yellow lentils, soaked overnight
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb. of spinach, chopped
- Heat oil in large-sized pot over medium heat. Place chicken and brown each side for about 5 mins. Remove and set aside.
- Place onions in pot and sauté for about 4 to 5 mins.
- Add tomatoes and sauté for another 5 to 10 mins.
- Add both vinegars, lentils, stock, and chicken. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 60 mins.
- Remove chicken and take off skin and bones. Then return chicken to pot.
- Add garlic and spinach. Cook for another 10 mins.
Recipe Under : 300 to 400 Calories - Lentil - Onion - Simmer - Spinach - Tomato