Chili Cheese Hominy
(Make 8 serving)
Amount Per Serving (about 1 cup): 180 Calories, 9 g. Protein, 25 g. Carbohydrates, 3 g. Dietary Fiber, 3 g. Sugar, 7 g. Fat (4.5 g. Sat Fat), 20 mg. Cholesterol, 740 mg. Sodium
- 1⁄2 cup of onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. of butter or margarine
- 1 can (31 oz.) of white or yellow hominy
- 1 can (8 oz.) of chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup of fat free sour cream
- 1 tsp. of chili powder
- 1⁄8 tsp. of pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups (6 oz.) of reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- In large-size frying pan, add butter and sauté onion about 5 min. Add hominy, green chilies, sour cream, chili powder and pepper. Add 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Pour into lightly greased 10 x 5 x 2-inch baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees F about 20 min.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining cheese on top. Bake an additional 5 min until cheese melts.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 to 3 hours.
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories - Stir Fry