Chilled Tomato Soup with Avocado Salsa
(Make 4-6 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 226 Calories, 14 g. Carbohydrates, 19 g. Fat, 3 g. Protein
- 4 pints Sun Gold tomatoes, removed stems and rinsed
- 4 medium shallots, minced
- 1 tsp. of sea salt
- 1 cup of water
- 6 Tbsp. of white wine vinegar
- 4 tsp. of Serrano pepper, seeds removed and minced
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 2 Tbsp. of cilantro, finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Add tomatoes to a heavy saucepan with a tight-fitting lid. Also add half of shallots, 1/2 tsp. of salt and 1 cup of water. Cook over medium high heat. Soon you will hear the tomatoes popping. After a couple of minutes take a look to make sure there is enough moisture, if not add a little more water.
- After skins have popped and tomatoes have released their juices, reduce heat and cook for about 20 minutes keeping the lid on the pot.
- Run tomatoes through a food mill or mesh sieve. Push juices through thoroughly by pressing tomatoes against the mesh with a spoon. You will have about 2 cups of puree. Chill well.
- To make salsa, combine remaining of shallots in a bowl with vinegar, Serrano pepper, oil, avocado and cilantro. Season with a pinch or two of salt and some pepper.
- To serve, spoon soup into chilled cups, add a dollop of salsa on top and serve.
Recipe Under : 200 to 300 Calories - Avocado - Cilantro - No Cook - Shallot - Tomato