Citrus-Kissed Honey Buttons
These Citrus-Kissed Honey Buttons are great flavor and nice change of pace from all the chocolate and mint during the holidays. They are crisp on the outside with soft lemon/orange inside. They are also low in calories and fat.
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 1/4 hours (including 30 minutes chilling time)
(Make 3 dozen cookies)
Healthy Recipes Amount Per Cookie: 59 Calories, 1 g. Protein, 11 g. Carbohydrates, 6 g added sugars, 0 g. Dietary Fiber, 1 g. Fat ( 1 g sat , 0 g mono ), 9 mg. Cholesterol, 36 mg. Sodium, 15 mg. potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2 Carbohydrate Servings
Exchanges: 1 fat
- 1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. of cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 4 Tbsp. of unsalted butter, softened (let stand at room temperature for 30 to 45 minutes. Or cut into small pieces and let stand for about 15 minutes. (Do not soften in a microwave—the uneven heat may melt the butter in spots.))
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. of honey
- 1 Tbsp. of finely grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. of finely grated orange zest
- 1 tsp. of lemon extract
- In small-size bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- In mixing bowl, use an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, honey, lemon zest, orange zest and lemon extract, and beat until blended. Gradually add flour mixture, beating on low speed just until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate the dough for 30 min or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or non-stick baking mats.
- Roll dough into 36 balls (about 2 level tsp. each) with your hands. Place 2” apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake, one batch at a time, 6-8 min until puffed and beginning to crack. Cool on baking sheet for 2 min and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the dough for up to 1 day. Store cookies airtight for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Recipe from EatingWell.com
Recipe Under : 0 to 100 Calories