Corn, Mango, and Edamame Salad
This is a super easy summer salad with high protein and fiber. The combination of corn, mango and edamame make a delightful salad. It is also loaded with healthy benefits. In addition to folate and fiber, corn contains a carotenoid called beta-cryptoxanthin that may reduce lung cancer risk.
Total time: 20 minutes
(Make 6 servings)
Amount Per Serving: 160 Calories, 9 g. Protein, 22 g. Carbohydrates, 5 g. Dietary Fiber, 5.5 g. fat (0.5 g. sat), 303 mg. Sodium
- 2 cups of frozen shelled edamame
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh corn kernels (from 2 large ears)
- 1 1/2 cups of mango cubes (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup of chopped tomato (about 1 large)
- 1/2 cup of chopped red onion
- 2 Tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- Cook edamame according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Transfer to a large-sized bowl.
- Stir in corn, mango, tomato, onion, cilantro, oil, lime juice, 3/4 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Toss well.
Source : Prevention
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories - Cilantro - Edamame - Lemon - Mango - Onion - Tomato