Fight disease by adding antioxidants like the ones found in this loaded vegetable salad.
This Cowboy Salad is extremely versatile. It is packed with vegetables and flavor. Perfect as a salad, dip or good for topping on a lean meat fresh from the barbeque like chicken breast or fish. It is also great with tortilla chips.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
(Make 15 serving)
Amount Per Serving (about 1/2 cup): 100 Calories, 4 g. Protein, 16 g. Carbohydrates, 4 g. Dietary Fiber, 3 g. Sugar, 3 g. Fat (0 g. Sat Fat), 0 mg. Cholesterol, 400 mg. Sodium
- 2 cans (15 oz.) of black-eyed peas or black beans, drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) of corn, drained
- 1 bunch cilantro, or to taste, finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onions (5 green onions), finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado (optional), diced
- 1 Tbsp. of canola or vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. of vinegar or lime juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in large-size bowl.
- In small-size bowl, mix oil, vinegar (or lime juice), and salt and pepper.
- Pour oil mixture over salad ingredients and toss lightly.
- Serve with your favorite meal or as a snack with tortilla chips.
Try adding other vegetables such as sweet or hot peppers or zucchini.
Recipe Under : 0 to 100 Calories - No Cook