This version has a low-fat cream sauce that’s rich with Parmesan and nutmeg. It is an easy, satisfying, and indulgent dish. You can make them with a mere handful of ingredients. Perfect to accompany any steak or grilled shrimp.
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 140 Calories, 13 g. Carbohydrates, 7 g. Fat, 11 g. Protein
- 3/4 cup of low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. of butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. of arrowroot
- 2 lb. of spinach, steamed
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. of ground nutmeg
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Combine milk, water and garlic in medium-sized saucepan. Heat slowly until very hot and steamy. Let stand, covered, about 5-10 mins. This allows garlic to soften.
- Melt butter in another medium-sized saucepan over medium high heat. Whisk in flour, then add hot milk mixture, whisking until smooth.
- Stir in spinach and cook about 6 mins, until sauce is thick and bubbly and spinach is tender but still green.
- Stir in cheese and season with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories - Nutmeg - Spinach