Curried Pumpkin Soup
The flavor combinations in this creamy yet light soup are complex, but making it is very easy. When you ladle this soup into individual bowls, swirl a dollop of sour cream or yogurt into the soup.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
(Make 8 serving)
Healthy Recipes Amount Per Serving (about 3/4 cup): 110 Calories, 5 g. Protein, 17 g. Carbohydrates, 3 g. Dietary Fiber, 11 g. Sugar, 3.5 g. Fat (0.5 g. Sat Fat), 0 mg. Cholesterol, 410 mg. Sodium
- 1⁄2 lb. of fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp. of butter or margarine
- 2 Tbsp. of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. of curry powder
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 oz.) of solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (12 oz.) of evaporated milk
- 1 Tbsp. of honey
- 1⁄2 tsp. of salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. of pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp. of ground nutmeg
- Fresh or frozen chives, optional
- Melt butter in large-size saucepan, add mushrooms and onion, sauté until tender. Stir in flour and curry powder until blended. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil, cook and stir until thickened (about 2 min).
- Add the pumpkin, milk, honey, salt, pepper, and nutmeg, cook until heat through.
- Garnish with chives, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 to 3 hours.
Try substituting cooked winter squash or cooked pumpkin for canned pumpkin. Mash and measure out 2 cups for soup.
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories