Date and Bran Muffins
These sweetly spiced muffins are low in fat, high in fiber and have the bonus of added calcium from the skim milk powder.
Prep time: 15 minutes (plus standing time)
Cook time: 25 minutes
(Make 12 muffins)
Amount Per Muffin: 177 Calories, 30.5 g. Carbohydrates, 5.5 g. Dietary Fiber, 4 g. Fat, 0.8 g. Saturated Fat
- 1 1/2 cups (3.75 oz.) of unprocessed bran
- 1 1/2 cups (12 oz.) of no-fat milk
- 1 1/4 cups (6 oz.) of self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (3.75 oz.) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. of ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup (3 oz.) of low-fat dairy-free spread, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (5 oz.) of finely chopped seeded dried dates
- Preheat a oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 12-hole (1/3 cup/2.5 oz.) muffin pan.
- In a large-size bowl, combine the bran and milk, stand 5 minutes.
- Stir the flour, sugar and cinnamon into bran mixture until combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stir, but do not over-mix.
- Divide muffin mixture among holes of prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Turn muffins onto wire rack to cool.
Source : Women’s Weekly
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories - Bake