Egg White Omelet
This is an easy healthy breakfast recipe to make in a hurry. This egg-white omelet is full of flavor and bursting with health. For diabetes care diets, the sources of carbohydrates should not be solely contributed by omelet. Instead it should come from whole-grain sources such as toasted whole-meal bread. Diabetic diets should have also the dietary fat and cholesterol content low, as this breakfast recipe proven.
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cook time : 15 minutes
(Make 4 Serves)
Amount Per Serving: 303 Calories, 33 g. Carbohydrates, 7.4 g. Dietary Fiber, 6.3 g. Fat, 1.7 g. Saturated Fat
- 5 oz. of light ham
- 6.5 oz. of button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 12 egg whites
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh chives
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup of coarsely grated low-fat cheddar
- 8 slices of whole-meal bread, toasted
- Trimmed and discard any fat from the ham, cut into thin strips. Cook the ham in a heated large non-stick frying pan, stirring, until lightly browned. Remove from the pan.
- Cook the mushrooms in the same pan, stirring, until lightly browned.
- In a small-size bowl, using the electric mixer, beat three of the egg whites until soft peaks form, fold in a quarter of the chives.
- Preheat the grill.
- Pour egg-white mixture into a heated lightly oiled non-stick 8” frying pan over low heat, cook, uncovered, until just browned underneath.
- Place pan under preheated grill, cook until top just sets.
- Place a quarter of tomato on one half of omelet, return to grill, cook until tomato is hot and top is lightly browned.
- Gently place a quarter each of the cheese, ham and mushroom on tomato half of omelet, fold over to enclose filling.
- Carefully transfer omelet to serving plate, cover to keep warm.
- Repeat step 2 with the remaining egg whites, chives and fillings.
- Toast bread until lightly browned boat sides. Serve the omelets with toast.
- Tips : Button mushrooms have a mild earthy flavor and can be eaten raw or cooked.
Source : Women’s Weekly
Portobello mushrooms are larger size and firmer texture. Because of this, they’re good candidates for stuffing or grilling. They have a satisfying taste and texture with low in Sodium...
Grilled Salmon On Sourdough Bread
Grilled salmon is an easy recipe to prepare in the spring time when you are firing up the grill. Salmon is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids....