Favorite Pasta Salad
This zesty pasta salad is great for whipping up something for summer lunchbox when there is not much around the house. It is also a simple, low in fat and super-quick. Ready in 22 minutes or less.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 292 Calories, 10 g. Protein, 51 g. Carbohydrates, 3 g. added Sugars, 4 g. Dietary Fiber, 7 g. Fat (1 g. sat), 0.02 g. Salt
- 250 grams (8.8 ounces) of pasta shapes
- 140 grams (5 ounces) of frozen peas
- Pack parsley , chopped
- Small pack chives , snipped
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- Extra ingredients (see ideas below)
- Cook pasta according to pack instructions, adding the peas for final 2 minutes cooking time. Drain, rinse with cold water to cool, then drain again.
- Tip into a bowl with chopped herbs, lemon zest and juice, olive oil and plenty of seasoning and mix well.
- Cover and chill, spooning out portions as and when. If you’re making this for one person, by days 3 and 4 you’ll need to stir in a little olive oil or something creamy to loosen the pasta.
4 ways to vary it
- Add chunks of ham, salami or leftover cooked chicken.
- Flake in hot-smoked salmon or smoked mackerel.
- Add sundried tomatoes, olives or roasted peppers.
- Top with crisp bacon.
Source : BBCGoodFood
Recipe Under : 200 to 300 Calories