Fettuccine with Mushrooms and Hazelnuts
Fresh pasta pairs well with a simple, barely-there sauce that will gently coat each noodle, highlighting the fresh pasta’s uniquely soft, smooth texture without overwhelming it or stealing its shine. The varieties of mushrooms have a great hearty flavor and texture. This wonderfully woodsy pasta is perfect for a satisfying meatless meal and you can make them in less than 30 minutes.
Total time: 30 Minutes
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving (about 1 1/2 cups of pasta mixture, about 2 Tbsp. of cheese, and 1 Tbsp. of hazelnuts): 364 Calories, 16.8 g. Protein, 40.2 g. Carbohydrates, 3.2 g. Dietary Fiber, 16.5 g. Fat (5.7 g. sat fat, 7.6 g. mono fat, 1.2 g. poly fat), 56 mg. Cholesterol, 2.4 mg. Iron, 563 mg. Sodium, 204 mg. Calcium
- 1 (9 oz.) package of refrigerated fresh fettuccine
- 1 Tbsp. of butter
- 1/4 cup of chopped blanched hazelnuts
- 1 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 (4 oz.) packages of presliced exotic mushroom blend
- 1/2 tsp. of salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. of chopped fresh sage
- 2 oz. of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved
- 2 Tbsp. of finely chopped chives
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 3/4 cup of cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile pasta is cooking, melt butter in large-sized non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add hazelnuts, sauté for about 3 mins or until toasted and fragrant. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon.
- Add oil to pan, and swirl to coat. Add garlic and mushrooms to pan, sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. of salt and black pepper. Sauté mushroom mixture for about 5 mins, stir in sage.
- Add pasta, reserved cooking liquid, and remaining 1/4 tsp. of salt to pan, toss well to combine. Remove from heat, top with cheese, toasted hazelnuts, and chives. Enjoy!
Source : EatingWell
Recipe Under : 300 to 400 Calories - Hazelnut - Mushroom - Sage