Fish with Black Bean and Tomato Salad
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 413 Calories, 48 g. Carbohydrates, 24 g. Fat, 50 g. Protein
- 1 1/2 lb. of white fish (any type) skinned and deboned
- 1 Tbsp. of coconut oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 1/4 cup of canned black beans
- 3 medium tomatillos
- 1 orange pepper, chopped
- 2 cups of watercress
- 1 chipotle chili
- 1 Tbsp. of fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. of champagne vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. of sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. of ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. of ground coriander
- 1 Tbsp. of cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup of flax seed oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season fish with salt and pepper, place in an oven safe pan with 1 oil and bake about 25 to 35 minutes.
- Place quinoa in a pan with water. Bring to a boil and simmer, covered, about 15 minutes. When all the water is gone the quinoa is cooked. Use half a cup and save the rest for another quinoa recipe.
- Mix together black beans and quinoa, set aside.
- Mix together white fish, tomatillos, orange pepper and watercress, add black beans and quinoa.
- Blend all ingredients of vinaigrette in a food processor until well combined.
- Pour vinaigrette over mixed vegetables and fish. Serve.
Recipe Under : 400 Up Calories