Frosty Almond Date Shake
Almonds, as well as being high in vitamin E and other minerals, are also thought to have other health benefits, such as reducing cholesterol and improve our digestive health by increasing levels of beneficial gut bacteria.
(Make 4 Servings)
Healthy Recipes Amount Per Serving: 141 Calories, 3 g. Protein, 31 g. Carbohydrates, 2 g. Dietary Fiber, 2 g. Fat, 1 g. Saturated Fat, 0 mg. Cholesterol, 97 mg. Sodium
- 1/3 cup of pitted Medjool dates, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. of warm water
- 2 cups of vanilla almond milk, chilled
- 1/2 cup of fat-free vanilla soy yogurt (or dairy yogurt)
- 1 very ripe banana, frozen (Peel and halve the banana before freezing.)
- 4 ice cubes
- 1/8 tsp. of ground nutmeg (for garnish)
- In a small-size bowl, Place the dates then sprinkle with the warm water. Let soak until soften about 5 minutes, then drain.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the dates, almond milk, yogurt, banana, ice cubes and the 1/8 tsp. of nutmeg. Process about 30 seconds until smooth and frothy.
- Pour into tall chilled glasses and garnish each with a dusting of nutmeg.
Source : MayoClinic
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories - No Cook