Gazpacho with Avocado and Cumin Chips
Great spicier version of gazpacho, the cucumber and cumin chips complimented it well. As is, the recipe has a chunkier texture, similar to salsa. This recipe is super simple with a big flavor payoff. Just combine all the ingredients and chill.
(Make 6 serves)
Healthy Recipes Amount per serving (about 1 cup soup, 2 tablespoons avocado, 2 tablespoons green onions, and 4 tortilla chips): 129 Calories, 3 g. Protein, 22.8 g. Carbohydrates, 3.4 g. Dietary Fiber, 3.8 g. Fat (0.6 g sat , 2 g mono), 0 mg. Cholesterol, 571 mg. Sodium, 75 mg. Calcium.
- 1 1/2 cups of bottled Bloody Mary mix (such as Major Peters)
- 1 1/2 cups of finely diced tomato
- 1 cup of finely diced yellow bell pepper
- 3/4 cup of chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 3/4 cup of finely diced red onion
- 2 Tbsp. of fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. of red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (5.5 oz.) can of low-sodium vegetable juice
- 1 (5.5 oz.) can of tomato juice
- 3/4 cup of diced peeled avocado
- 3/4 cup of chopped green onions
Ingredients of Cumin Chips
- 4 (6”) corn tortillas (each cut into 6 wedges)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp. of ground cumin
- Combine the first 12 ingredients in a large non-aluminum bowl. Cover and chill. Serve with avocado, green onions, and Cumin Chips.
- To make Cumin Chip Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place corn tortillas on large baking sheet. Lightly coat wedges with cooking spray, and sprinkle with cumin. Bake until chips are lightly browned and crisp (about 10 min).
Source : CookingLight
Recipe Under : 100 to 200 Calories - No Cook