Glazed Lemon-Blueberry Poppy Seed Bundt Cake
Perfect for brunch, dessert or anytime. This light cake features sweet, seasonal berries and a lemony glaze. This bundt cake is so fluffy and moist. Garnish with ribbons of lemon rind and fresh blueberries. This delightful light cake is great dessert for spring and Easter.
(Make 16 servings)
Amount Per Serving (1 slice): 304 Calories, 4.7 g. Protein, 49.6 g. Carbohydrates, 1 g. Dietary Fiber, 9.8 g. fat ( 5.7 g. sat , 2.7 g. mono 0.4 g. poly), 68 mg. Cholesterol, 1.5 mg. Iron, 300 mg. Sodium, 85 mg. Calcium
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. of dry breadcrumbs
- 1 3/4 cups of granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup of butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 13 3/4 oz. of all-purpose flour (about 3 cups)
- 1 Tbsp. of baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. of poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp. of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup of nonfat buttermilk
- 1/3 cup of fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. of lemon extract
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. of nonfat buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp. of fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To prepare cake: Coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray, dust with breadcrumbs.
- In large-sized bowl, combine granulated sugar and butter, beat with mixer at medium speed for about 5 mins, until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, level with knife. Combine flour, baking powder, poppy seeds, baking soda and salt, stir with whisk.
- Add blueberries to flour mixture, toss to coat.
- Combine 3/4 cup of buttermilk, 1/3 cup of juice, and extracts.
- Add flour mixture and buttermilk mixture alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 mins, until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool pan on wire rack for about 10 mins. Remove cake from pan, cool on rack.
- To prepare glaze: In small-sized bowl, place powdered sugar, add 1 Tbsp. of buttermilk and 1 Tbsp. of juice, stirring with whisk until combined.
- Pour glaze over warm cake, cool completely.
Source : Myrecipes
Recipe Under : 300 to 400 Calories - Bake - Blueberry - Lemon