Green Minestrone Soup
This BIG soup is a delicious, healthy, low fat soup, with the vitamins and iron from the vegetable. Spinach, chard and celery – this soup is a veritable sea of greens. Pasta and Parmesan give it substance. You can serve over rice noodles – instead of pasta.
(Make 6 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 443 Calories, 48 g. Carbohydrates, 17 g. Fat, 31 g. Protein
- 2 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz. of thick cut nitrate/nitrate-free prosciutto, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery with leaves, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can of cannellini beans (or other white bean)
- 1 can of garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 cups of chicken broth (or vegetable)
- 1 cup of mini penne pasta (or wheat-free pasta of your choice)
- 1/2 lb. of green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 oz. of chard, coarsely chopped
- 5 oz. of spinach, stems removed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan or Romano cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil (or parsley)
- Heat oil in large-sized pot over medium high heat. Sauté prosciutto about 2 mins,
- Add onions, celery, garlic, zucchini and bay leaf into the pot. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Sauté about 5 mins, stirring frequently.
- Add white beans, garbanzo beans and chicken broth to the pot. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and green beans, cook until pasta is al dente, about 8 mins.
- Stir in spinach and chard to wilt, about 1 min.
- Stir in cheese and serve in soup bowls. Top each serving with basil or parsley. Serve.
Recipe Under : 400 Up Calories - Cannellini Bean - Celery - Chard - Garbanzo Bean - Green Bean - Onion - Simmer - Spinach - Zucchini