Grilled Ratatouille Salad
Instead of cooking eggplant, zucchini, onion and bell peppers with tomatoes on the saute pan in the traditional Ratatouille, try grilling all of them on the BBQ. This smoky salad packed with a bounty of mid-summer favorites. For a more filling meal, toss these grilled vegetables with whole-wheat pasta or grilled meats and fish.
Total time: 40 minutes
(Make 4 servings)
Amount Per Serving: 150 Calories, 4 g. Protein, 12 g. Carbohydrates, 5 g. Dietary Fiber, 11 g. fat (2 g. sat), 0 mg. Cholesterol, 300 mg. Sodium
- 1 small eggplant
- Kosher salt
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 3 Tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. of red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Slice eggplant into 1/2-inch-thick rounds. Soak in a bowl of lightly salted water, about 15-20 mins, drain and squeeze out the excess moisture.
- Meanwhile, slice tomatoes and zucchini into 1/2-inch-thick rounds. Stem and seed bell pepper, slice pepper and onion into 1/2-inch-thick rings.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium high. Brush vegetables with oil on both sides and season with 1/2 tsp. of salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill vegetables (in batches if necessary), turning, until soft and marked, about 6 mins for tomatoes, about 7-8 mins for bell pepper, onion and zucchini, and about 10 mins for eggplant. Let cool.
- Drizzle vegetables with vinegar. Divide zucchini and eggplant among plates and arrange in a circle, overlapping slightly. Top with bell pepper, tomato and onion. Sprinkle with basil.
Source : Food Network
This healthy snack is made from ratatouille which form a bed of topping rests on top of toasted dark rye bread....
Arugula Salad with Grilled Beef and Apricots
This simple salad is an ideal lunch or light supper option. It comes together with quickly and healthy. Great combo of arugula salad, grilled beef, grilled apricot and blue cheese....
Grilled Eggplant and Portobello Sandwich
This sandwich is a vegetarian option for your next cookout. Top it with slices of garden-fresh tomato and spicy arugula. It is so good and full of flavor. A mixed green salad completes dinner. ...
Grilled Mango Chutney
Mango is rich in pre-biotic dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals and poly-phenolic flavonoid antioxidant compounds. ...
Baked Ziti and Summer Veggies
This quick and versatile recipe is made with summer vegetables like zucchini, yellow squash and tomatoes. This light pasta can be easily adjusted based on your favorite veggies....