Herbed Chicken Rice Paper Rolls
This Herbed Chicken Rice Paper Rolls will help you stay full longer and prevent your blood sugar from sky-rocketing. It encompasses lean meat for protein, vegetables for vitamin and fiber, lime juice and wine vinegar that can help diabetics and those with pre-diabetic symptoms manage insulin sensitivity.
Prep time: 30 minutes (plus refrigeration time)
Cook time: 5 minutes
(Make 4 serves)
Healthy Recipes Amount Per Serving: 78 Calories, 13 g. Carbohydrates, 0.8 g. Dietary Fiber, 1.7 g. Fat, 0.3 g. Saturated Fat
- 6 oz. of chicken tenderloins
- 1 Tbsp. of coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp. of coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tbsp. of white wine vinegar
- 1 medium carrot, cut into thin strip
- 1/2 medium red capsicum, cut into thin strip
- 1/2 lebanese cucumber, seeded, cut into thin strip
- 6”-square rice paper sheets
- 2 Tbsp. of finely chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1 Tbsp. of lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. of soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. of grated fresh ginger
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the chicken, basil, mint and vinegar, cover and refrigerate about 10 minutes.
- Cook the chicken on heated lightly oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) until browned lightly and cooked through. Stand about 5 minutes, slice thinly.
- Using hands, dip rice paper sheet, one at time, in a medium-size bowl of warm water until just softened, dry carefully with absorbent paper. Divide the chicken, carrot, capsicum and cucumber along center of sheets, scatter peanut over filling. Roll rice paper sheets to enclose filling, folding in sides after first complete turn of roll.
- Serve rolls with dipping sauce made with combined remaining ingredients.
Source : Women’s Weekly
Recipe Under : 0 to 100 Calories - Grilling