Herby Mushroom Pasta
A quick, healthy idea for a midweek supper. Mushrooms are nutrient rich and contain those friendly little anti-oxidants. Pasta releases energy slowing so this makes a good filling low fat meal. The combination of pasta, mushrooms and lemon is fantastic. You can be made creamy with the addition of 100g (4 oz.) of ricotta stirred in with the mushrooms.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
(Make 2 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 235 Calories, 9 g. Protein, 49 g. Carbohydrates, 2 g. added Sugars, 3 g. Dietary Fiber, 2 g. Fat (0.2 g. sat), 0.25 g. Salt
- 250 grams (8.8 ounces) of field or portobello mushrooms , thickly sliced
- 2 teaspoons of wholegrain mustard
- 3 garlic cloves , sliced or crushed
- 2/3 cup (150 milliliters) of vegetable stock (from a cube is fine)
- 250 grams (8.8 ounces) of penne pasta (or other tube shapes)
- 3 Tablespoons of flat-leaf parsley , chopped
- Zest 1 lemon
- In a frying pan, add mushrooms, mustard, garlic and vegetable stock, bring to a boil and simmer until the stock has nearly all evaporated and the mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to pack instructions, drain.
- Toss pasta with mushrooms, parsley and lemon zest. Season to taste and serve straightaway.
Making with aubergines
Replace mushrooms with 1 thickly sliced aubergine and increase stock to 300 milliliters (1 1/4 cups). Simmer with remaining ingredients until aubergine is soft and stock nearly reduced away, then toss into penne.
Making it creamy
Stir 100 grams (3.5 ounces) of ricotta or quark (a low-fat cheese made without rennet) into pasta along with cooked mushrooms.
Source : BBCGoodFood
Recipe Under : 200 to 300 Calories - Mushroom - Stir Fry