This surprisingly easy to make dish is loaded with lentian which enhances immune system function and strengthens its ability to fight infection.
(Make 4 serves)
Amount Per Serving: 99 Calories, 14 g. Carbohydrates, 4 g. Fat, 4 g. Protein
- 1 cup of hijiki (seaweed can be found in Asian stores)
- 3 cups of water
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced into matchstick
- 1 Tbsp. of toasted sesame oil
- 2 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup of apple juice
- 2 Tbsp. of tamari soy sauce
- 1 tsp. of fresh ginger, grated
- Soak hijiki for 10 mins in water. Strain and keep water.
- In medium saucepan, sauté onions and carrots in sesame oil until onions are transparent.
- Add hijiki, shiitakes, and soaking water plus apple juice to cover mixture. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer gently for 45 mins.
- Stir in tamari and juice from ginger. Simmer for 15 mins, until most of liquid is evaporated. Serve warm or chilled.
Recipe Under : 0 to 100 Calories - Carrot - Ginger - Mushroom - Onion - Seaweed - Stir Fry